Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service involves saving and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting provider. There are different classes of hosting services used for various ends, so let's explore these. Doing so, you can determine what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to own a weblog, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by certain web hosts, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are frequently supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely unsuitable explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allocate the load between independent bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific firms provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting variant is suitable if you want to share a vast number of pics with mates or associates since the service is generally free. You will obtain a random link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your email address accounts. Some corporations provide web space hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you would like to have an email address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred site visitors, you may have a problem with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will allow you to operate as many video clips as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to run a web site. To some degree, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and emails, upload videos, and so on. At WardHost.com, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are planned for specific web content solely.